Well-Developed Research Proposal
- Harus bisa dijawab oleh data
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
- Record what others (other researchers) have said and found
- Record what theorists have said related to the topic/questions we are working on
- WRITE SYNTHESIS PAPER/CHAPTER
SYNTHESIS THE DATA
- AUGMENTATION: penambahan dari suatu sumber dengan sumber lainnya (from general to spesific)
- NEGATION: pro-&-cons on certain topic (of our interest)-> middle ground -> choosen stand
The lecturer asked the class to present our topic and related literature that we have found next week. The presentation divided into several topics.
DIVISION OF TURNS
MAJOR TOPIC I: children’s literature
MAJOR TOPIC II: postcolonial theory/differential treatment
MAJOR TOPIC III: feminism
MAJOR TOPIC IV: ideology in literary text
COVERAGE FOR THE FIRST PRESENTATION
- What is your area of interest?
- What questions do you want to get answered?
- What have you gotten from theoretical reading you have been doing?
- What is the object of the study?
- What are you going to do to collect the data you need?
- What are you going to do to analyze the data?
- What references have you found and read for this study?
My group presented our understanding about Indonesian Drama. I was mispronounced some words because it was kinda confusing when you speak in both English and Indonesian :p
Prepare to Write
A copy’s plan: point of view of copywriters
- Characteristics/unique features
Cut a print ad from newspaper or magazines. Try to find 2 versions of the ad of the product J
A BIT OF MID TERM EXAM: write an advertorial about hotel or resort around two paragraphs J
The third group presented their understanding J
The second group presented their text analysis about Discourse and Genre. They took a politically correct version of Cinderella story J
The lecturer explained about comics and graphic novels and how its possibilities to be an object of research J
The lecturer showed some journals and analysis about comics and graphics novels J
The second group presented their understanding J