30 Books to Movies: The Princess Diaries

by - 11:31 AM




What? A princess??

Me??? Yeah, right.

Mia Thermopolis is pretty sure there's nothing worse than being a five-foot-nine, flat-chested freshman, who also happens to be flunking Algebra.

Is she ever in for a surprise.

First Mom announces that she's dating Mia's Algebra teacher. Then Dad has to go and reveal that he is the crown prince of Genovia. And guess who still doesn't have a date for the Cultural Diversity Dance? (source)

You are suddenly become a princess and you hate it? Are you crazy or something? I don't understand where the world she thinking about. She was invisible. Actually she can get anything she wants if she is a princess. For this case, yes she is and she hates it. Maybe she is just too innocent.

I enjoy read it. Although, I was little bit confused with the opening, prologue or whatever it is. After it I love this book. But I didn't get any point. It just have-fun book.

I still have my favorite part. It is when Mia and Tina discuss the story from what Tina read currently. The themes were so so so last year. But I shocked, just a bit, when read this.

"The book was called I Think My Name Is Amanda, and it was about a girl who woke up from a coma and couldn’t remember who she was. This really cute boy comes to visit her in the hospital and tells her that her name is Amanda and that he’s her boyfriend. She spends the rest of the book trying to figure out whether or not he’s lying."

That is what exactly I dreamed about him! Goood! It means that I was so last year?

I got a new word: flunking. I didn't search for the meaning until I finished read the book. Now I know :)

The movie



Watch the movie here


When I watched it I thought about ' it is just another teen-drama-romantic-comedy film'. I can't blame it. Maybe it because I watched it now, when the film like this is everywhere. Look at Josh. I never ever like or even date a guy like him now days. But it would be different if I watched it years ago. Sometimes love is so crazy and blind.

But it nice to watch with your girlfrieds or even your boyfriend. Perhaps he would realize that he already has a princess by his side :P

ps. I just realize that Mandy Moore played a role as Lana here!

Joe: This is between a waltz and a tango.
Mia: It's a wango?




It was quite difficult to decide which the best. Mia's mom seeing Mia's teacher make the story more complicated but I can not ignore how nice it is to spent a weekend with your grandma and skip a princess-to-be class.

Gosh, I think I love both of it :)

You May Also Like

0 comment(s)

Thanks for leave your comment :D