Divergent

by - 3:57 PM

Genre:
Sci-Fi/Action
Director:
Neil Burger
Cast:
Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Zoe Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller and Kate Winslet

In a futuristic Chicago, society divided into five factions, Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Erudite, and Dauntless. When people turn to sixteen, they have to take a test to show which faction that fit for them. Whatever the result, they still freely to choose in the Choosing Day. Together they run their job to keep the world in peace. Beatrice Prior was born in Abnegation family but she never feels that she belongs there, unlike her bother, Caleb. She hopes the test result can answer her questions. But her result shows that she cannot be categorize. It means she is a divergent, something that everybody afraid of. In Choosing Day, Beatrice chooses to move to Dauntless. Surprisingly, her brother moves to Erudite, the faction that lead by Jeanine, and rumored planned to take the government control from Abnegation. Beatrice, who changes her name to Tris, has something else to worry about. One of them is Four, her cold yet handsome mentor who almost discover what she really is.



Divergent was fine. I mean it was great but still made me feel a little disappointed. Maybe I just really like the book. Kinda odd, because I bought the book after heard the news about the movie a year ago. The story changed a bit, particularly the ending. I think it is a good move. The original ending in the book probably would make the audience confuse. In the movie, they just make it is longer, give some explanation and open the new door for the sequel which coming in March 20, 2015. The ending is tolerable but not Tris’ face. How can her cheeks and eyelash look so red and beautiful after those jumps?

Beside those two things, I like the movie. The fight scene was good. It is so scary, so tense, make me wanna faint in my chair (maybe a little too much, dhyn?). It cannot be so powerful without  help from score and soundtrack department. I have to download that Beating Heart song asap! And I have no complain about the cast, especially Theo James as Four and Ansel Elgort. God, Kemal Pamuk and Gus are back from the death and still looking good like time doesn’t pass at all hehehehe.

At last, Divergent cannot be missed. I may be felt a little bit disappointed but it cannot make it a bad movie. My advice, you are better watch it before you read the book :)



Fun Fact!
I saw several men in my dad’s age inside the theater. I was wondering what they were expecting while purchase the tickets. Did they read the book or they were just Divergents? Who knows :p

You May Also Like

1 comment(s)

Thanks for leave your comment :D