Movie to Movie: Amanda Seyfried

by - 5:26 AM

source

Amanda Seyfried is one of talented Hollywood actress nowadays. I know her since I watched her as Karen in Mean Girls. She maybe played a mean yet stupid girl there, but her next movies are not stupid at all. It brings her career to the fame. These are several Seyfried movies that I have watched.


Genres:
Comedy | Musical | Romance
Cast:
Amanda Seyfried, Stellan Skarsgård, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Ashley Lilley, Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, and Julie Walters
Director:
Phyllida Lloyd
Writers:
Catherine Johnson and Catherine Johnson

Sophie is getting married in few days. She wants a perfect wedding and her father is giving her away. But the problem is she does not who her father is. Donna, her mother never tells her anything about it. She reads her mother’s diary and finds out that she has three possible fathers. There are Bill Anderson, Harry Bright, and Sam Chamichael. Without any knowledge from her mother, Sophie invited all of them to her wedding.

We no need a real singer to make a musical movie. Mamma Mia proves it. I was mesmerized to know that all of actors here have a beautiful voice. And thank God, they are still an actor and not being a singer next day, not like in Indonesia. Amanda Seyfried looked beautiful, very young, tiny and lucky to play with many talented actors in here. Nobody would believe she is the stupid girl from Mean Girls. If you love ABBA, you should watch this funny and interesting movie :D




Genres:
Drama | Thriller
Cast:
Julianne Moore, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfied, Max Thieriot, R.H. Thomson, and Nina Dobrev
Director:
Atom Egoyan
Writers:
Erin Cressida Wilson and Anne Fontaine

Catherine does everything she can to make her family as happy as she. But that seems like it does not work much. Her husband suspected cheating and her son, Michael is going rebel. She hires Chloe to get closer with her husband and then tells what happens. She just need some proof and believes her husband still loves her. But she not realizes that Chloe is not only brings her and her husband to fight, but also brings her only son in danger.

Chloe is a remake movie but reviews that I have read wrote that it is as good as the original. Honestly I do not really understand the kind of serious movie like this. I skipped many minutes to see what happens next. It pretty boring yet scared. So I can not write much comment about this. On the contrary, I pay attention to the beautiful house. Those glasses are some of symbol of Catherine’s married. So invisible but many secrets hid behind of it. Amanda Seyfried perhaps not the main character here. Yet she done well and can computed with Julia Moore who is the center of attention. If you like something mysterious and art movie, I think this movie fits to you :)




Genres:
Drama | Romance | War
Cast:
Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried, Richard Jenkins, Henry Thomas, D.J. Cotrona, and Scott Porter
Director:
Lasse Hallström
Writers:
Jamie Linden and Nicholas Sparks

I wrote about this movie already. You can check it by click here :)



Genres:
Comedy | Drama | Romance
Cast:
Amanda Seyfried, Marcia DeBonis, Gael García Bernal, Christopher Egan, and Vanessa Redgrave
Director:
Gary Winick
Writers:
Jose Rivera and Tim Sullivan

Sophie Hall and her fiancé, Victor goes to Verona to something called pre-honeymoon. In there, Victor is busier to go to check supplier than accompany her to sightsee. They decide to do their own thing. In her own travel, Sophie meets secretaries of Juliet. They collect letters from everybody around the world glued in Juliet’s wall and replied it. Sophie finds an old letter about Lorenzo from Claire while she helps them. She replies it and surprising the real Claire and her grandson, Charlie come. They try to find Lorenzo and Sophie asked to join them.

I really enjoy Letters to Juliet and can watch it again, again and all over again. Not only the story of movie, but also about the beautiful view of Verona. I just know that Romeo and Juliet story is about Italian. Pity me. I always say that I love William Shakeprears’ works, especially Halmet, but I do not looking for any facts. This movie really gave me a lot to think about, like my passion to be a writer, find my courage to do it and so many things about what I wanna do in my life. Amanda Seyfried is amazing here. She played a passionate, patient and cheerful girl very good. I know this movie is kinda movie who full of tale and predictable ending, but I just enjoy it. Watch it and I am sure you are gonna love it! :)



Genres:
Fantasy | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Cast:
Amanda Seyfried, Gary Oldman, Billy Burke, Shiloh Fernandez, Max Irons, Virginia Madsen, Lukas Haas, Julie Christie and Shauna Kain
Director:
Catherine Hardwicke
Writer:
David Johnson

In a small village called Daggerhorn, Valerie lives with her family and a threat of werewolf. Her sister, Lucie killed during full moon night. It makes the villages decide to fight back and send their best and bravest men to hunt it. Henry, Valerie’s fiancé is one of them. But Valerie does not love him, she loves Peter. Meanwhile, the villages aware the werewolf is living in their place. It can be neighbors, best friend, family, even the one you love.

Actually, Red Riding Hood has a promising story but it did not go very well. When I watched it for the first time, it is somewhat good. But the second time and so on, it is going weirder. The view, the setting and the atmosphere remains me to Twilight. Billy Burke aka Mr. Swan even played here. It is not strange because the director is still Catherine Hardwicke. Maybe she made this movie because she lost her chance to direct New Moon hehehehe. The chemistry between the lead woman and man characters not connected each other. The not-really-good-even-confusing dialogues lead me to guessing who the werewolf is. I think about this guy or that guy but my prediction is all wrong. I did not suspect the werewolf would be ‘he’. That the twist and only good thing that I found here. I feel sorry for Amanda Seyfried to choose to be Valerie in this movie than be Baby Doll in Sucker Punch. Her talent and her beautiful big eyes are useless here. Watch it if you just want to prove my opinion ;p



Anyway, if we usually see her in blonde and long hair, but in her new upcoming movie, In Time, she comes in short and kinda red hair with Justin Timberlake. Hm, interesting uh :)

So that is all. I hope these short reviews help you :D

You May Also Like

0 comment(s)

Thanks for leave your comment :D