The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1

by - 8:13 AM


Genre:
Drama/Fantasy
Cast:
Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kellan Lutz, and Michael Sheen
Director:
Bill Condon
Writer:
Melissa Rosenberg

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 is still telling you about a forbidden love between human and vampire. Bella Swan, who is still 18 years old, takes a very important step by marry Edward Cullen. Their wedding is going smoothly although Jacob Black objects it. It is going worse when Bella realizes that she is pregnant. Everybody is surprise with its faster growth. Bella insist keep her baby though it hurts her from inside. Like or not, Edward has to agree with it, though it risks him to lose Bella forever.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 is a guilty pleasure movie for me. I hate when people to overrated to welcoming this. But I can not lie that I enjoy the story and curious about the Part 2. The love triangle story of Bella, Edward and Jacob still exist in this story but thankfully it is going to end because of *spoiler* Jacob imprinted! Even though the poster shows a very serious atmosphere, the movie has a lot of joke on it. It disturbed me actually. I have people, mostly girls, laughed or said a loud comment for a little not really important scene. Uuughhhh!



Then my favorite part is the wedding ceremony! Everything looks very romantic. I love Bella’s nervous expression when she walks to altar. Her expression change into clam when she sees Edward is waiting for her. The power of love!

It is better to see how that couple swimming, playing chess, even kissing than hear them talking each other. It is because their acting is all the same as previous movies. I am wondering why it still happens. Is it they whose cannot act? Or is it the story which is very suck? In my opinion, this Stephanie Meyer story is not suitable to become a film. Because the power of Meyer’s story is the way she describes with the words she chosen and that’s cannot be transform into a film form. I am feeling that way because I just finished read the novel last month and it still fresh on my mind. Well, novel and film are very different form of telling something.

If I comment about the cast, I have to admit that Kristen Stewart looks mature and super stunning here. Both in human and vampire form. On contrary, Rob Pattinson looks awkward. He is not handsome yet ugly here. He even does not look like sparkling vampire. I think the make up artist for this movie did not learn from last three movies. Then Taylor Lautner is like a boy who just falling in love. And the rest? Just so so.

At last, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 is really smart to divide their story into two parts just like what Harry Potter did. Everybody, who already read the novel or yet, is curious about the last part. I really hope something better there.

You May Also Like

1 comment(s)

  1. belum nonton dan nggak pernah nonton yang sebelum2nya juga :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leave your comment :D